There are two ways to install a WordPress theme – manually with a FTP client, or automatically through the upload feature in the WordPress dashboard. Below you will see both options.
Installing a Theme Through the WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance → Themes. At the top of the page, click the tab Install Themes.
- Just below the headline, you will see a link that says Upload – click that.
- Click the browse button and find the theme .zip file from your local machine and then click the Install Now button.
Installing Theme With an FTP Client
- Download the theme zip file to your local machine and unzip it.
- Log onto your server through an FTP client, and find your site’s wp-content/themes directory. You will want to transfer the entire theme folder to that directory.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, and go to Appearance → Themes. There you will see screenshots of the themes that are available for you to use. Click on the theme title (or theme screenshot) for the theme you wish to activate. A preview of the theme will be shown, and then you can click the Activate link in the top right of the preview window.
Required and Recommended Plugins
Once your theme is installed, you will notice a message at the top of your dashboard prompting you to install certain plugins. To insure that your site has all of the same functionality that you see in the demo, it’s important that you install and activate these plugins.
Note: Main Slider section is edited from customizer. Other sections are edited from widgets. The widgets that are prefixed by Kades are the custom widgets. All the widgets has a description mentioned with the compatible area for its use.
Recommended Image Sizes
Create uses several image sizes throughout its various templates and layouts. When you upload an image, WordPress automatically generates all of the various image sizes needed. You just need to make sure that the image you upload is at least as wide and tall as the suggested sizes below.
Blog Post Featured Images
Thumbnail: 218 x 163px
Large size: 1920 x 1024px: for display on Slider
Breaking News ticker
On/off Breaking News section in Customizer > Bitcoinee Settings
To show posts at Breaking News simple tag them with “breakingnews” in edit post screen